Monday, January 27, 2014

The Nap War

It's a battle every day to get Evelyn to take a nap.  I imagine this is something other parents of 2 1/2 year olds have to deal with, making this not a truly remarkable revelation, but still, it's frustrating and confusing. I understand that she likes to play with her toys, as I do this same sort of thing, albeit in a much more adult way, when it's time for me to go to bed.  I like to play with my phone at night before bed, and sometimes I need to be told to put it down and go to sleep. Evie is that way, but deals with it like a two year old would deal with almost everything, and that's crying and screaming. And not to mention, she's a bear when it's time to wake up. I guess she just doesn't have the ability to see what going for a nap is all about. On every other aspect of being two and half, she's a dream to me. She's funny, she listens (mostly) and she's considerate. When it comes to nap time, forget all that. You'd think I was asking her to go do something awful. It's a nap, kid. You're going to be begging for them when you're older.

That being said, I just laid both kids down for their naps and now I have a decision to make.  I could lay on the couch like a lazy bones.  I could go do a chore of some sort. There's always something to be done around here. Or I could play video games. I haven't played any games in weeks. I could watch a TV show or movie, which I guess is part of laying on the couch like a lazy bones. I don't know. I feel sort of lazy today. It's Monday which is sort of like my Saturday.

Ah, screw it.  I'm playing PS3. See ya later, dudes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment