Sunday, January 19, 2014

Championship Birthday Spectacular!

Alright so this week was a bit of weird week.  The kids got sick, so I naturally assumed I would get sick as well, but I didn't.  I don't know know where they got the illness from, because we didn't really go anywhere.  Miles' was exceptionally bad because it settled in his chest.  His breathing became quite labored and wheezy by Wednesday afternoon, so we decided to take him to the doctors.  They gave him a treatment of Albuterol, and sent us off with the machine to give him more treatments at home over the next few days. Most of the time he did just fine having the mask up to his face for a few minutes, minus a few squirms here and there.

Evie got a little sick, too.  Her's wasn't as bad, just a runny nose, bit of a cough, couple sneezes.  She hasn't seemed to minded too much. It's hard because she doesn't' really tell us if she's feeling sick, we just have to read the symptoms ourselves and react. Like the other night when Bethany was home with her at night alone while I was at work, she gave her chest rub, ibuprofen and all that and got her back to sleep. Read and react!

Today is a particular predicament for me.  Today is my lovely wife Bethany's birthday. The predicament is today is also the NFC Championship game which involves my beloved 49ers against the hated Seahawks. I want to make my wife's birthday the best it can be, but I also want to give 100% to my favorite teams quest to get back to the Super Bowl. I feel bad about it, but I suppose I'll have to make it work. I told Bethany that if there was a baby-wearing/cloth diaper/crunchy mom convention on my birthday that I would go to it with her.  I hope that is some sort of consolation.

So that's the update for right now. Go Niners and sorry Bethany. 

No comments:

Post a Comment