Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Kids Do the Darnedest Things

So I just took my Jeopardy online test and man...not too good.  I mean, I think I did better than last year, but I'm sure it wasn't better than most/I ain't getting on the show.  It was fun to try, and if I make it, it'll be surprised and happy, but I don't think it's going to happen.  I've been watching Jeopardy! for years and I do pretty well when yelling answers to the screen.  I think I would do really good at regular Jeopardy, but when double Jeopardy! hits I tend to do a little worse.  The point here is I tried, and probably failed, and that's okay.  I had fun reading the answers to Bethany, who answered a few.  Whether they were correct or not is a different story. Anyway, I took the test, and if I end up on the show, I'll let you know.

I should mention that I cursed us by writing a blog about how great Evie sleeps at night.  After that post went up, all she has done is wake up in the middle of the night two nights in a row.  She's been waking up and just crying and wanting to be held.  It's the saddest thing, but it's also super annoying.  It's annoying because as a parent, you have to have a reasonable expectation that things are going to go one way or another.  I expect Miles to get up multiple times a night, so I don't get upset about it.  I don't expect Evie to do it, so I get mad at her for doing these things.  What I need to do is let go of my expectations of what's going to happen on a night to night basis and understand that it's completely possible that Evie will wake up and want to stay awake every night I go to sleep, because it's a possibility. That's a hard bit of info to adjust to, though.

Anyway, we gotta give the kids a bath tonight.  Here's to hoping that this helps the kids pass out and STAY PASSED OUT.


No comments:

Post a Comment