Sunday, October 26, 2014

Week of 10/19/14 - 10/25/14

Hello everybody and how do you do? I'm doin' alright, I reckon. Anywho, here's a rundown off everything that happened last week!

Sunday: Read some of my nice book called Blood Aces The Wild Ride of Benny Binion. the Texas Gangster Who Created Vegas Poker by Doug J. Swanson. That's a lot of capitalizing of letters right there.  Anyway, I did that, then watched the Titans lose and the 49ers lose and it was all just a terrible day.

Monday: Didn't do a whole lot.  Made burritos and they continued to rule.  I believe this would be about the 88th consecutive week in which I made my favorite food, homemade burritos.

Tuesday: Bethany skipped half her work day to come hang out and watch Evie at dance class with Miles and I. We ate on campus which I hadn't done in a while.  The World Series started and the Giants won.

Wednesday: Finished that Benny Binion book.  World Series game 2.  Podcastrated interview with my dear old friend Tommy Feathernuts.

Thursday: Pretty standard Thursday.  Workout. Eat food. Surf web. Play with kids.  Predators beat the Blackhawks which is always nice.  RandomMania and Caleb joined.  Was fun timez.

Friday: Went Dollar Tree and Party City and Five Below...so cheap stuff stores which is fun because you can buy a lot of things for not a lot of money.  I ran.  I ran so far away.  Not like a flock of seagulls, but I actually went for a jog.  Running is the worst.,  Miles fell asleep in the car on the way to the grocery store so I stayed in the car with him while the ladies shopped for the food.  Miles and I had sleepy time in the parking garage listening to Superchunk.

Saturday: I watched Hulu my entire shift because I'm an asshole.

So lets' touch on two things.  One, I read that Benny Binon book and it's crazy because afterwords, my mom told me my great grandpa Roy Lee met him years and years ago, and continued to correspond with him via letters through the mail for a long time.  My great grandpa corresponded with a legendary Texas gangster/racketeer-er/illegal gambling establishment runner/murderer.  Yeah.

Secondly, I went for a jog on Friday and it was the first time I'd gone for a run since April and like, the third time I'd ever seriously ran outside.  I ran 2.62 miles in 27:37, which is 10:33 min/mi.  I think that's pretty good.  I didn't hate it, but I certainly didn't enjoy it.  Running is boring. All I can focus on is how much it sucks and how much I'd rather stop running.  I can't stop thinking about the place I'm gonna stop next, or how far away it is and how long it's gonna take me to get there.  My shins are sore as hell now, but at least I know where I stand on the whole running thing.  We're planning on doing a 5K in a month so I had to see if I would actually be able to do one.  I think so!

Okay I'm done typing now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment